If you haven’t noticed yet, we just launched a new and improved Vehicle Home Page for Direct-Hit that is now more simple, intuitive and user-friendly.
When you visit the new site, you’ll see:
- A Search All section that displays the top searches for the vehicle, and allows for the option to search for information within “Service Manuals Only.”
- The Service Manuals section lets you access genuine, factory service & repair information on more than 30 vehicle makes. Manuals are presented in “book” style with full titles displayed when hovering over a book. Once you’re in a manual, you can bookmark documents and view them individually or all in-line.
- Our new Estimating section has tabs for creating maintenance plans, quotes, looking up parts & labor information and checking recalls.
- A convenient Quick-Hits section provides quick links to the fix data, specifications and repair info that you need most. Tabs are again used here for easy access to information.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO ON HOW TO NAVIGATE THE REDESIGNED VEHICLE HOME PAGE.
March Tip of the Month – OEM REPAIR INFORMATION RIGHT FROM YOUR
Once you know what’s wrong with a vehicle, you want to repair it quickly and accurately. Direct-Hit helps you get it done with genuine OEM repair information built right into your hotline archives.
Now you never have to go to another part of Direct-Hit – or another system – to access original, unmodified factory service & repair info on more than 30 vehicle makes.
And if you can’t find an OEM service manual document – foreign or domestic – we’ll provide it to you at no additional cost (if available).
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A SHORT VIDEO ON FINDING OEM INFORMATION IN THE HOTLINE ARCHIVES.
We’ve made it easier for you to request genuine OEM information if you can’t find what you need in Direct-Hit.
We also updated our “Fix of the Week” to include five weekly fixes – one from each carline.
Click on each item below for more details:
• New “Can’t Find OEM Info?” DETAILS >
We’ve added a new “Can’t Find OEM Info?” link to the secondary navigation in Direct-Hit, which allows you to request genuine factory service & repair information that may be difficult to find. The link only appears for vehicles and model years included in our OEM Coverage matrix.
• Five Fixes of the Week DETAILS >
We now feature five “Fixes of the Week” on our website homepage, representing examples of head scratchers posted by our Direct-Hit customers. For a chance to win a free pizza lunch for your shop, post your unique fixes in Direct-Hit. Just look up the vehicle you’re working on, click on Post Fix at the top right and tell us the problem and what you did to fix it.
February Tip of the Month – USE DIRECT-HIT TO EMAIL QUOTES TO YOUR CUSTOMERS:
Direct Quote, Direct-Hit’s estimating tool, provides quick and easy access to the most current and reliable estimating information from MOTOR, helping you to be even more productive.
And sharing a quote with your customers is simple.
Each quote features a “Share” button that allows you to email an estimate directly to your customer. There’s also an option to print a quote if you want to review the estimate in–person.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT HOW TO PRESENT A QUOTE TO YOUR CUSTOMER USING
January Tip of the Month – How to Submit a Repair Hotline Call in Direct-Hit:
As a Direct-Hit subscriber, you can submit a Repair Hotline call through the Direct-Hit website for a 10% discount on the call.
YOU CAN DO THIS IN DIRECT-HIT USING:
- The “Hotline” tab in the top navigation
- The link immediately beneath “Can’t Find a Fix?” at the top of the page
- The “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page where you can access our “Hotline Call Request” form
If you don’t have time to puzzle through a tough vehicle problem, we have 45 OE factory-trained, ASE Master, L1 Carline Specialists who can help.
Call us toll-free at 1.800.288.6210, Monday-Friday, 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Central Time.
To further expand our comprehensive OEM coverage in Direct-Hit, we’ve recently added genuine OEM service & repair information for Mazda, model years 1996-2013.
Want to see exactly what manufacturer information is available in Direct-Hit? You can always find complete coverage details in the OEM Coverage section on the left-hand side of this page
December Tip of the Month – Boost Your Shop Revenue by Selling Routine Maintenance:
Direct-Hit enables you to provide Factory Scheduled Maintenance plans to your customers to keep their vehicles safer on the road, while generating additional revenue for your shop.
You can deliver manufacturer recommendations in under a minute, all in plain-talk language that your customers can understand and trust.
HOW TO SELL ROUTINE MAINTENANCE – YOUR THREE AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY:
• Sell Mileage-Based Maintenance DETAILS >
Show your customers manufacturer recommended maintenance based on their vehicle’s current mileage, or a combination of dashboard and time/distance schedules.
• Sell Catch-Up Maintenance DETAILS >
Factory Scheduled Maintenance plans provide an additional opportunity to offer “catch-up” maintenance by listing major service items that should have been performed previously.
• Sell Next Scheduled Maintenance DETAILS >
Every service visit represents an opportunity to follow up and schedule your customer’s next appointment.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT FACTORY SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE.